Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 November 2023

More Painting.

Grey and wet all day long.
Not that I've seen much of the outside having spent today painting in the bathroom. I could have joined an all day extra zoom Welsh class (not with our usual tutor,) but my brain is fried after our usual two hour session and anyway I just don't have the time. Up and down the ladder I went and by lunchtime the walls had a second coat of blue. But it was a close call. Seeing that yesterday's coat looked a bit patchy I aimed to be generous with the paint and then realised I might not have enough. I did but only just and put the remaining tablespoon of paint in a spare jar. A good thing too as when worked resumed, after lunch and Duo Lingo, it turned out that peeling off the decorators tape was not that simple. It was only on the edges of the tiles and the mirrors but the vinyl paint had formed a layer that peeled away from the wall as the tape came off. I had to use a scalpel to cut along the join before I carefully peeled off the tape. Then more up and down the ladder as I used a small paintbrush to carefully touch up the blue wall paint and then more white on the ceiling to try and even out the join line. It's not brilliant but it will do. 
But I still wasn't done. After rearranging the dust sheets I gave the wooden dado rail and the trim on the cupboard a coat of wood primer. That sounds easy and I'm sure to an experienced decorator it would just be a matter of swiping along to get a nice neat line but I know my limits. Instead I found the tiniest of brushes from my art supplies and painstakingly painted along the edges of the wood before filling in with a slightly bigger brush. Oh and there was the fun of painting behind the heated towel rail. All that took until 6.30 so I feel I've done a good day's work.
 And here ends the minutiae of today's painting exploits.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Good exercise going up and down the ladder all those times! :)