Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 November 2023

A New Steed.

Yesterday evening I was so keen to read 'The Wild Silence.' that I completely forgot to publish my blog or even close down my PC. A friend lent me the books on Monday and I've already read 'The Salt Path.' I'd intended to read it after hearing the author on R4 but hadn't got round to it. A heart breaking account but so well written.
Even after staying up late reading I had my usual early Friday morning start. (Up at 5.30.) It was dark and wet at first so I had my tea sitting in the open doorway with the stars overhead. It wasn't long before clouds covered the stars but then were turned pink by the reflected sunrise.
Down at the stables this morning I found that I had a different horse to ride. Not lovely Cadno but Margaret who is just as responsive and being young is lighter on her feet and more forward going ie faster. (I do recall seeing her cantering off when she wasn't supposed to but there was none of that today and I felt perfectly safe.)  Another of the group was also on a new to her horse and the two of us had to spend some time getting used to our horses and weren't expected to trot without stirrups which the rest had to do. I did some sitting trot anyway just to see how I'm doing and it's getting a lot easier. There were seven of us in the lesson today including the two younger instructors who have a ridden exam coming up. 
After riding I did my usual shopping round; Morrisons, town and Lidl. In town I had two long chats with people I know, one from choir and one from the zoo and waved hi to two other people. It's nice to find people I know rather than be walking round a town full of strangers. I had the usual skip around the charity shops and bought another glass paperweight. I wasn't that sure about it but then I see it as a contribution to a good cause and it was only £3.
When I got home I had a break and then got on with painting the bathroom walls. The tops of the walls are quite awkward to get to so I haven't done the best of lines but maybe they will improve after a second coat tomorrow. I didn't finish until 5.30 much to Speedy's disgust. He's still working on BST so that made his supper and hour and a half late. Even then I wasn't finished. Giving the builders a slice of Bara Brith every afternoon meant that it was time to bake another. I'd put the fruit in to soak last night and it didn't take long to mix it all up and stick it in the oven. That should keep Peter going for a while.
 

No comments: