Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 November 2023

Storm Debi.


A complete change in the sea as the winds from Storm Debi forced the high tide up to the beach side houses and churned the waves into white froth as far as the eye could see. 
In the morning we went up to Mach again for more Welsh practice. We thought we'd get ahead and do the end of unit homework even though we haven't completed the unit. Then we did a killer exercise. A has a set of cards with questions that need a yes/no answer using the eight yes/no  forms that we have learnt. Some of those also change depending if the answer is about I/You/ He-she/We/You or They. I found that so hard especially as I tend to use the more colloquial Ia/Na rather than the proper forms. I think I had better make my own set of cards to practice.
Once we returned home I got on with painting a primer coat on the bathroom walls and ceiling. Thank goodness I didn't start yesterday as it took hours. I didn't finish until after 7.00 which is very late for me. So many times up and down the ladder and so many awkward spots to reach. It doesn't help that the vinyl silk paint must really have vinyl or some other plastic in it to make it waterproof which makes the paint thick and difficult to apply. That's even after watering it down to use it as the primer. I'm one of those people who finds it helps to express my frustrations out loud (aka complaining) but at least I did it all in Welsh. I used every combination of I don't like/enjoy painting walls/the ceiling sung to random tunes and then moved on to using the future tense, days of the week, colours and terms for cleaning that I could think of.
Thelma - Sorry to find that I can't read your thoughtful blog any more.


 

1 comment:

thelma said...

Hi Ruta, it was only temporary, 'gone fishing' is surely the right expression ;) A rest from blogging and thinking things out was needed. First resolution try not to be political, second resolution no funny cat memes.