Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 November 2023

Almost Done.

After heavy rain in the night and early morning we had a dry and very windy day.
It would have been a good day for working at the zoo but painting the bathroom takes priority. I got a coat of white on the bathroom ceiling which was good but discovered that the decorators' tape still takes off the vinyl silk paint no matter how carefully you peel it off. Not a major disaster as it was only the primer coat but bang goes my plan to tape along the ceiling when I paint the walls blue. Instead I'll have to paint the join carefully. Peter has ordered me a special edging paintbrush which should help.
The builders came and did the plastering over the tanking by the French doors so all that's left is to fix on the two bits of skirting board that have already been cut. I also asked them to cut a mitre joint in the wooden moulding I bought to edge the cupboard top in the bathroom. I haven't used Peter's big chop saw and I'm rubbish at cutting mitre joins by hand. Having cut the wood A carried on and stuck and nailed the wood to the edge of the counter top ready for me to paint. He then went on to secure the board with the boiler controls that used to be in the bathroom onto Peter's study wall
Once the builders left there was plenty of hoovering, floor washing and putting things straight to do before I went off to Pilates.

 

No comments: