Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 November 2023

Bye-Bye Lawn.

Cold and grey today with rain arriving just before dark.
I felt a bit weary this morning and thought that I'd give the walk a miss. Of course later on I felt ready to walk (Pontrhydygroes again) but Peter had taken the car  down to the boat, that's him in my yellow jacket, and the only car going from Borth was already full.

I still felt the need to be outside so decided that today was the day the lawn/ mini meadow went. My plan was to strim first but as so often happens my plan went astray. Plugged in the strimmer and nothing happened, checked all the wires and jiggled the connections but still nothing. Not surprising as the strimmer is old and hasn't been used for years. On to Plan B, mowing. I was happily filling up bags of cuttings and thinking that the next step would be to rake the remaining vegetation upright before a final going over with the mower when the mower blades got caught on some long grass, the motor made a funny noise and then died. I checked all the connections but I suspect I may have blown up the motor. A shame I couldn't do that final mow but I had hoped to retire the mower after today anyway. I finished off in my tried and trusted way, by hand on my hands and knees. I have the whole winter to remove everything from what now looks like quite a large area. Oh well, bit by bit.

I took this photo of the moon in the early hours of the morning. Not quite the spectacular lunar halo that other people including Laura photographed last night. Maybe better luck tonight as the temperature is dropping again. (A lunar halo occurs when there are ice crystals in the clouds.)

 

No comments: