Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 November 2023

We Have a Bathroom.

It was a morning of more rain and yet more painting.
By the afternoon the rain had stopped though apart from the tiniest of blue patches we were covered by ominous grey clouds. I went on to paint another coat of white on the bathroom woodwork. I think the door could do with more more coat but apart from that the bathroom is done. But ....... I might construct a simple frame around the three mirrors which vary slightly in height. 

The bathroom has gone from this, in 2018 (estate agent's photos),
to looking like this last year after we had got fed up with waiting for the builder and done what we could,
and now to this. It's looking a bit stark at the moment, a plant on the windowsill should help. Also I know it's nit-picking but I wish that the builder hadn't put two tiles with the same pattern next to each other. But apart from that I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out, after all it's not that big a room though a lot bigger than the bathrooms in most UK homes. The three mirrors take up most of the wall above the tiles facing the sink and there's a large heated towel rail to the right of the door. 


 

1 comment:

thelma said...

It looks very smart and elegant, well worth waiting for all that time. But as you mention it is a hassle to get things done by other people.