Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 November 2023

Wet.

Lots of rain today. No sunny spells, just cloudy ones.
Same clouds, different colours morning and evening.
Off riding again this morning. When I got there I could see on the list pinned on the wall that I was riding Cadno again but I couldn't see him in the line of stalls where the horses stay if they are being used in a lesson. In his usual spot between all the skewbald horses was .......... Cadno? It was a brown horse but I was sure Cadno was more chestnut. Was my memory that faulty? I asked several of my fellow riders who were tacking up their horses and they weren't sure either. It turned out that Cadno was around the corner in another stable and the brown horse was Pacman. We had the boss teaching us and she mentioned to me at the start that I was a good rider. That was a mistake, Cadno and I did well with the trot work, neck nicely rounded onto the bit, bending into the corners and plenty of energy. But when it came to cantering I was having trouble keeping my hands still and Cadno kept deciding that short canters would do. That will teach me to be over confident.
I stopped on the way to town where this tree was lit up by a flash of sun and missed it. I called in at the industrial estate and bought dome head mirror screws and some special tape, less sticky than masking tape, that I can use to stick plastic dust sheets to painted walls. I was going to buy the paint for the bathroom (that's going to be my job not the builder's.) and took a small piece of wood painted from a half tin to make sure of a match with the blue loo. But then I realised I had opened the wrong tin. A similar blue which I think goes back to when I painted the ceiling of Vytas' room when he was a baby. That's nearly 40 years ago. In the end I collected a handful of colour cards from the Crown suppliers as I might want to use a slightly different shade of light blue.
I did the usual food shop at the supermarkets on the way home but didn't bother going to any of the charity shops. 
Bathroom update - all the tiles are on and the remaining walls plastered. There may be a slight delay in grouting as the acrylic grout I have asked for isn't available locally. They carried on working until after 7.00 tonight so we get a bit of a lie-in tomorrow as they are making a later start.


 

No comments: