Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 November 2023

Chasing Rainbows.

More rain as Storm Ciaran begins to make itself felt. It's recycling day and despite my best efforts four times I had to go out and rescue both the recycling bag and the food waste caddy which the fierce wind kept blowing across the road.
There were some sunny spells in the morning but not enough for a morning of weeding at the zoo. It should be a busy week there as it's half-term for the local schools. At least both the play areas are clear of weeds as is the gravel area by the guinea fowl. Sometimes I feel bad that the spot where people sit by the café is so weedy but there is so little gravel there that trying to eradicate the weeds is a thankless task. I've heard a rumour of plans to re-do the gravel there but that's an expensive job.
I took a chance and went down to the shop for more biscuits and tea bags and maybe a bar of chocolate. (Although I prefer Lidl's continental chocolate I am partial to mint Aero.) I wrapped up but didn't take my camera which was just as well because as I went for stroll along the beach before going to the shop I got caught in a shower. By the time I got to the first rocks the backs of my legs were soaking wet. Turning back the rain stopped and the cold wind dried out my leggings but then there was the problem of battling against the wind which was gusting fiercely. I could have slipped through the houses and walked back along the High Street but where's the fun in that?
The builders have been working away so I've spent a lot of time in my study coming out every now and again to chase rainbows even walking up the road to get a better shot. In the bathroom the floor tiles under the toilet have gone down, all the walls are boarded, the ceiling plastered and the damaged cupboard is being fitted over the boiler pipes and controls. (The toilet couldn't be centred on the tiles due to the main pipe being set in concrete. It'll do.)




I think I should rename this Christmas Cactus the Birthday Cactus since it began to flower on Romas' birthday. The air plants are all doing well too with their weekly swimming session and look to have doubled in size since I bought them.

Yes, those are a couple of surfers you can see in these evening photos.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the clouds in the first picture and the rainbows are so pretty.
We got a bit of snow here.