Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Being Patient.

It was a bit colder this morning with frost sparkling on the roof and on some of the garden plants. It did warm up later on and I got in another hour of combing the grass with a table fork. How daft can you get ? Driving to work the cool air made for excellent visibility and I could see for miles across the countryside. Over to the south I could clearly see the vast plateau of Dartmoor. It looks so mysterious and romantic rising darkly on the horizon. Its not the same when you get close as you lose the overall structure but there are good views back over mid-Devon from the high tors. I also had good views across the sea to Hartland with the surf line clearly visible. That always lifts my spirits before I turn my mind to teaching.
This morning I did some research into the bed situation at the hospital where I am hoping to have my op. They had 8 wards closed in January because of the Norovirus and they seem to have stopped doing any elective surgery at all. I bet a few heads will be rolling over that but there is no point in my writing to anyone as there is not much that can be done about the situation right now. I will just have to be a patient patient.

No comments: