Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Dull.

The weather report today was a single word - dull, and it was - with a thick mist everywhere and nothing dramatic. My first job in the morning is to feed the hens. No sooner do I put down some corn than the robin flies in waiting to gather up his courage to help himself. Today he was joined by a pair of chaffinches. If I'm not rushing to work I like to savour the morning sounds and wander around the garden for a while. There is a thrush which alternates between the 2 tallest trees and warbles all day long from his vantage point. The robin keeps me company with his clear song and today a wood pigeon was cooing away in the woods.
While I was working in the garden I saw that the aubretia I planted last year had opened the first of its flowers. Another warm day or two and it will be covered with flowers.
I taught in the afternoon, phonics followed by Mothers' Day cards and then after play I swapped classes with another teacher so that I could have a final dance rehearsal with the Year 2 children.

1 comment:

Liz in PA said...

Your many flower gardens amaze me!
...So pretty and vibrant. A much needed respite from the gloom of the weather.
Today we had some sun.....and
60° along with being windy. I did go outside and walked around a bit, where the ground was fairly dry.
I hate to rush Spring.....all in good time!

Liz in PA