Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Sea Mist.

We woke to a lovely sunny day and about time too. It felt so warm outside the house that once again I set off for our coastal walk with bare legs and arms. I began to get a bit apprehensive as we approached the coast. First we could see that the horizon was obscured by a large cloudbank and then as we came down the hill into Morthoe we could see billowing sea mist in front of the cloud bank. It was a very different scene that greeted us as we walked down the combe. The horizon had gone and thick mist was blowing from the sea. In the mist it was a bit chilly but we discovered that you could blow puffs of steam in the cold spots. Luckily there was no-one around to see and hear us puffing away like a pair of kids. As soon as we walked out of the mist it was remarkably warm.
The tide was at its very lowest so we had a good view of the rock formations that are usually hidden underwater.


Being creatures of habit we stopped at our usual bench for a cup of coffee. Today we noticed a couple of benches had bunches of flowers on them. People remembering loved ones who also enjoyed this beautiful spot.


Back home it was bright and sunny so I had a worthwhile afternoon out in the garden. I have made a start on clearing the streamside bog-garden which needs a bit of a clear up. I will also have to talk to Paul about cutting down a couple of his overhanging trees one of which will put my eye out if I try walking along the path. I have in the past simply chopped the trees myself but they are on his land so I ought to clear it with him first. In fact he should chop them down but we can easily do it ourselves.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Today in Michigan rain is coming down and all looks gray. Your pictures are lovely as always.