Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 March 2012

Gardening Day.

It has been a grey misty day but I have still spent most of my time outside working in the garden. It was very peaceful listening to the birds and picking off the moss that was threatening to smother the plants on the rocky hillside. To make a change I spent the afternoon in the bog garden. There was still some clearing to do and also some planting. I moved some of the prolific scrambling purple geranium from the raised beds by the house to an empty bank and having cleared one end of the bog garden completely I replanted a creeping plant (it has small blue flowers) that had taken up residence in the gravel path. I have tried several times to establish water mint there but it has never survived. I finished my day sitting outside, well wrapped up against the damp, enjoying a cup of tea and a detective novel.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Ruta.......Have you read Peter James series?

Ruta M. said...

No I haven't. I don't normally look for detective novels but read them if they're lying around. For light reading I usually take a chance on anything on the 'returned books' shelf in the library so long as they are written by women. ( Men don't do character well.)