Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 March 2012

More Mist.

It was a misty start to the day but it soon cleared and I was able to spend a satisfying morning working in the bog garden. It was so warm that I left for school without a jumper or jacket. As I drove down to town I could see a bank of sea mist over the river and began to wonder if I had been too optimistic. Luckily Pilton is on a slight rise and we had sunshine for the whole afternoon. It was only after the staff meeting that I began to wish I had a jumper with me. The sun had gone and an icy grey mist hung in the air. Driving out of town the mist got even thicker and soon I could hardly see the trees or hedges on either side of the road. Then things began to lighten and all of a sudden I burst through into bright sunlight as I drove through Shirwell. I stopped at some of my usual vantage points and could see that the whole of Barnstaple was buried under a thick blanket of mist.
There was also thick mist in some of the other valleys. This was looking towards Arlington where the mist was following the main road as it headed north to Exmoor.


Coming down our drive I could see that this mist bank covered a large area but fortunately our valley was still bathed in sunshine.


Sometimes I feel my blog has morphed into a weather report but we have such changeable and interesting weather I feel it is worth recording. Not only does the weather dictate what I do during the day it also affects my mood while extreme weather poses new problems as well as interesting photo opportunities.

No comments: