Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Good Drying Day.

Another fine day. I was so full of enthusiasm that I leapt out of bed at 6.30 and took down some of our bedroom curtains to put in the washing machine. That way I got 2 loads washed and hung out before I had to go to school. This is the first year for long time that the pale daffodils have looked good. They seem to be more porous than the bright yellow ones and as soon as it rains they droop and get attacked by the slugs.
Before heading out to the garden I decided to take advantage of the warm weather and start washing down the walls of our bedroom. Hopefully I will be able to repaint the walls during the Easter holiday. It will be the same colour, cream (not magnolia), but the preparation; washing, filling and resticking some of the wallpaper, is the biggest part of the job and will take quite a while. Especially when it is a slightly messy room that you are living in.
My afternoon was mainly spent doing PE with the children and then I rushed home to do another hour of gardening. I finished off the afternoon by washing my hair and letting it dry in the sun and warm breeze while I read a book. I save an awful lot of money by never going to the hairdresser. If I did have a fancy cut I would still want to run a brush through it and tie it back in a pony tail or plait. If I want curly hair I don't brush it but let it dry naturally and if I want it straight I brush it when it is wet and then finish with hair straighteners.

No comments: