Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 March 2012

Nearly Spring.

I still had to get up reasonably early this morning as I had a physio appointment. It was originally for later in the day but I was asked to work in the afternoon. Luckily I was able to change the physio for a morning slot. As I didn't want to spend 3 hours wandering around town I came back home, washed my hair, then the car and did some quick jobs before it was time to head back for work. With the amount of mud on the roads washing the car is almost fruitless. Even before my back was turned the car acquired a set of muddy paw prints right across the bonnet. Work was stress free this afternoon; phonics, celebration assembly, playtime, story and home. The recent warm weather set off the hatching? of the early batch of frogspawn in the pond. The shallows are filled with small, black wriggling bodies.
On the far side the later frogspawn laid after the cold weather is almost ready to hatch. Imagine if each one of those was to survive and develop into a frog. It would be like one of the plagues.


The sunny weather has continued during the day. On the way home there was a lot of sun but I could see a slight haze forming across the main valley to the east, (behind me),



and a lot more haze looking southwards towards town. Luckily we still have the sun at home and most of the downstairs doors and windows are open to let some fresh air in though probably not for much longer as the sun goes down.


I've seen my first spring lamb in the fields this week and along the roadsides the wild garlic is beginning to show its fresh green leaves. Spring is on its way!

No comments: