Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Leaves.

It has been one of those sunny/ not sunny days. Sunny at 8.00 but not at 9.00 so my morning was spent working under clouds. The afternoon, when I was at work, was beautifully sunny but as I rushed home the clouds were making their way back. Luckily there was still some sun so my evening gardening was quite pleasant. As I had yet more leaves to clear I thought I would get out my garden vac. But as well as being noisy and heavy it doesn't cope well with leaves that are wedged between stones. After clearing some of the bigger piles of leaves with the vac I went back to the good old fashioned way of down on my knees picking up the leaves. That way I could clear each section completely including pulling weeds and getting rid of the moss.
Winter flowering heathers looking good in the evening sun.
After work I still had an hour to work in the garden. Once the scree garden has been 'tidied' I will move some plants around to fill the gaps. It looks as if the artichoke (cynara) I planted last year has died back so instead I'll put in a buddliea grown from last year's cuttings. I don't intend to buy any more plants for the garden but will be doing lots of propagating this year so that I will have plants to take with me when we do move.

1 comment:

lea said...

How lovely, right now it's snowing here in the Pacific NW! I'm so ready for better gardening weather.