Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Dum-de-dum.

What a fickle thing the weather is. I was driving home thinking how different the blue skies with occasional cloud were to the morning's heavy rain when I rounded a bend to see great cloud banks racing in from the west. I've been teaching all day and once again the day has flown by. Lots of weighing activities in the morning and more dancing in the afternoon. The children know the dance better than I do now and have finally stopped singing the tune. I have linked the moves to distinctive parts of the music so of course I'm singing woo-woo-woo and dum-de-dum to remind them what moves to make. The children have naturally been joining in but for the performance they need to just dance. We might be able to squeeze in one more practice next week before we dance for an audience. I will try to limit my prompting and must remember not to yell 'die' at the end. That might get misconstrued.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

What is the name of the flowers? Lovely to my eyes tired of drab. Our grass is greening so I know soon Spring will arrive.

Ruta M. said...

Its a close up of some of the winter flowering heathers. They've been flowering for a month and are just reaching their best and should remain for quite a while yet.

Harriet said...

Thank you, Ruta. Such a lovely flower.