Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 March 2012

End Of Term.

It was quite a chilly misty morning. The day finally brightened up at lunchtime and as long as you were out of the wind it was warm. I had a good day at school working with the small children again but being eager to catch the last of the sun I was driving out by 3.40. Naturally with the start of the Easter Holiday the forecast is for the weather to take a turn for the worse and go back to being gloomy and grey. I did need to do some shopping but I was still home by 4.30. After sitting for a while outside I headed up the hill for a walk. I talked to Paul who was out on his ride-on-mower and he confirmed that Coral is back in foal again. So there will be a new foal in June.
I didn't stop when I got to the top of the drive but continued down the road for a short way. Once again I could hear a single skylark singing high above me but even with my telephoto lens I couldn't get a good shot.


Everything is very dry and although we didn't have a lot of cold weather this winter there is a lot of talk of drought and farmers especially in the east of the country are getting worried.

Now to relax and enjoy the start of the holiday.

No comments: