Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Low Clouds.

It has been a low cloud/drizzly sort of day. I had to make a trip to Tescos as we were almost out of milk. Anything else and we could manage but those cups of tea and coffee are vital. I do have a tin of dried milk for dire emergencies but it is pretty horrible stuff. Normally I combine shopping with other errands but it wasn't possible today and Peter wasn't going in to town to row or even to the gym as he is waiting for a very big blister on his hand to heal up. It takes about the same time to go to either Tescos but I chose to drive to Ilfracombe because the journey is all on country roads. That's our valley in the middle of the photo with the stable buildings and house visible in the middle and ours hidden by the trees.

Back home I wrapped up and spent the afternoon weeding around the veg plot. My intention had been to clear the path but this soon expanded to a flower bed, under the blackcurrant bushes and a start made on the path around the bushes. For most of the time I was serenaded by a little robin sitting in the trees close by. The conditions were so gloomy that at one point I heard a tawny owl hooting in the trees.

No comments: