Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Dance Festival.

We took the Year 2 children to the Dance Festival today. It was at our local secondary school so it was only a short walk to get there. Children came from a number of schools but ours were some of the youngest to perform. Although I was not AT ALL biased I think our War of the Worlds dance was excellent. We even got to got to put on a second performance in the afternoon, to the rest of the children in our school. I was so pleased that all the children in the class took part with enthusiasm and felt very proud of themselves afterwards. Although the day had started overcast by the afternoon the sun had appeared and it felt lovely and warm. When I got home the grass was dry enough to get the mower out to give it the first cut of the year. This was one of those jobs where I started enthusiastically thinking how nice it would be to see the grass neatened up but soon I found working my way through the long grass somewhat tedious. I did keep on and cut most of the lawns because it might be while before the grass is dry enough again. I thought I had beaten Paul in the grass cutting stakes but when I looked up the hill he was out on his tractor pulling his big agricultural mower. Paul is 50 today and I know this because when I drove to work this morning there was a birthday banner made from a sheet tied to the hedge at the top of the drive. I wonder what he thought of that.

No comments: