Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 March 2012

Good News, Bad News.

It was a good spring day today. Bright but chilly though who cares when the sun is shining. I spent my morning doing the usual housework jobs and still squeezed in an hour of weeding before going in to school for the afternoon.Flashes of yellow are beginning to appear in the garden, the soft yellow of the primroses and the brighter yellow of the daffodils and the celandines. Primroses are also starting to sprinkle the hedgerows alongside the country lanes. I look forward to the time when nature's garden begins to bloom in earnest making my daily drives even more spectacular.
This morning I got fed up of coming home each day and checking the post, half in anticipation and half in trepidation to see if there was a summons for a pre-op assessment. Instead I rang up my surgeon's secretary to see what was going on. Good news - I'm on the first page of the list of people waiting for back surgery. Bad news - due to operations being cancelled as beds are taken for medical cases I may get my op in May or even later. That's at least 30 weeks waiting time instead of the government promise of 18 weeks. I feel a few letters to official bodies coming on as I'm sure the hospital has closed wards that could be used for medical cases instead of pushing out orthopedic patients who are living their lives in pain. (Not me specifically, at least not most of the time but the discomfort and lack of sleep is annoying enough .) Well I've got plenty of time to think who would be the most effective to write to.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like spring is really coming to your part of the world. We had snow showers here today.

Too bad you have to wait so long for your back surgery!!