Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 31 March 2012

Jobs Done.

As was forecast we are back to the grey days with little sun. At least it was dry so I was able to cut all the grass. This is a must-do job that I don't enjoy so the best thing is to just get on with it. As we haven't had any rain the grass had not grown much since the last time I cut it but the weeds were flourishing so it was good to have given them a trim. I didn't feel too energetic today even after lie-in but I carried on with my job list and swept and tidied the conservatory. The final job on the list was some sewing; repairing a zip on a sleeping bag and stitching on the camera strap for the big Nikon. Last time I sent it for repair they cut my extra long strap off so this time I unstitched it before taking it to the shop. I ended the day by burning up the pile of brambles that has been sitting there for over a year. Each time I wanted to burn the brambles they were too wet from our (usually) constant rain. At times this afternoon it felt like it was going to rain but nothing is forecast for the immediate future. The little stream that runs at the back of the house is very low right now.
Peter went off rowing in the middle of the day. Only a month before the championships so they are going to be training IN EARNEST now. They don't have any hopes of taking any prizes against much younger and/or more experienced crews but it is a matter of personal pride I suppose. Peter on the other hand can't understand why I am already thinking about packing. If it was just a matter of throwing everything in the car I wouldn't feel the need to plan in detail but as we have to get everything in 4 bags, that includes all the camping equipment, I need to think carefully about what we take. Luckily we do have some very large kit bags to pack our stuff in.

No comments: