Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 August 2013

40C

We've been blessed with a bonus summer day today. And with the wind blowing it was a good day for hanging out the washing. I managed to find lots of jobs to do outside and plenty got done from weeding and cutting back to picking the last of the blackcurrants. I still found time to simply sit and read because who knows if we'll get any more of this wonderful weather.
At the end of the day I caught the last of the sun up at the scree garden before going in to iron the bedding I'd washed earlier. When I remade the bed the bedroom had that warm feeling from the day's sun which went well with the smell of freshly ironed sheets. (I'm trying not to think of the winter when the chill hits you when you go into the bedroom.) 


1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh there is nothing quite like the smell of washed sheets hung outside on the line.
I'm sure you'll have pleasant dreams tonight.