Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 August 2013

Windy.

It has been a very windy day with clouds rushing across the sky blown by the wind from the north. 
My morning was mainly spent doing research on the internet for our appeal against the wind turbine. In the end my pc threw in the towel and refused to connect me to the internet. It's stopped sulking now once it had a rest in the afternoon. 
Most of my afternoon was spent cutting all the grass both with the mower and then the strimmer for all those awkward bits. After that I felt justified in sitting up at the scree garden with a book and a cuppa. Part of the time it was roastingly hot and then as soon as a cloud blocked out the sun it got really cold. One minute I had a hat and sunglasses on and the next I was putting on my bodywarmer.  I've been keeping an eye on the cloud cover since I am hoping to get out to watch the Perseids tonight. It's looking hopeful as it has gone from 90% cover this morning to about 30% now. I just find this type of natural phenomenon fascinating and definitely worth staying out for several hours. 

No comments: