Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 August 2013

Deluge.

Woke this morning to very heavy rain. The local morning news said there was a yellow weather alert and a bucket left outside collected several inches of water over the morning. My only outside jobs were to feed the hen and later to make a dash up to check my dams and clear the gravel that had been washed down into the run-offs. I kept a close eye on the stream but it didn't get anywhere near flooding levels. During the one dry spell I drove the rubbish up to the top of the drive. (Had the tv on and it's supposed to be dry for the rest of the week - hooray!)
Last night I realised I had made a bit of a miscalculation having my tattoo touched up just when I'm having weekly hydrotherapy. It took me that long to work out that if I wasn't supposed to have a bath (showers are allowed) or go swimming then a session in a heavily chlorinated hospital pool would also not be advisable. I rang the hospital and my physiotherapist was quite happy for me to resume hydrotherapy sessions in September. I had planned to do a few jobs in town as well but decided not to risk trying to get my micra through any possible floods. Instead I did housework, baked some lemon biscuits and made 2 kinds of hummus. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sure looks like a lot of rain. Glad to hear you will be drying out now.

Harriet said...

The photo of your blue glassware is lovely especially with the rain running down your window outside. Looked to me like a great place for a cup of tea and a good read.