Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 August 2013

Windy.

The sky was blue and free of clouds first thing this morning but all too soon the clouds started rolling in. We had more sunny spells in the afternoon and it has been a pleasant day for working outside. Before I went outside I had a nice chat with Vytas on Skype. It is lovely to speak to him even though he is on the other side of the world. 
Yesterday there were about 12 peacock butterflies on the buddlia but today there was only the occasional one and this rather tattered Red Admiral. It looks as if something has had a bite out of its wings. The bees are still busy in the lavender along with a few of the small white butterflies. It won't be long before the sedum flowers are open so as long as we get some sun we should have even more butterflies.
After doing some weeding I found time to sit and read. Here Speedy is flicking his tail because I have just tipped him off my wicker chair before putting it away for the night. 

No comments: