Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Wet.

I'm a champion procrastinator when it comes to doing household jobs or tidying up. Today's constant drizzle/rain robbed me of my main excuse of having to get things done outside. But then I had to battle against the lethargy that creeps up on me when all is grey and miserable. All I feel like doing on such days is curling up under a throw and reading or watching tv. Luckily I have my list of jobs that I made at the beginning of the holiday and I decided to give the pots and pans cupboard a good clean out. It's one of those cupboards that goes into a corner and has semi-circular carousel baskets that swing out. I don't like those baskets because they don't make efficient use of the space and I did give away one set when we moved the kitchen cupboards about. Cleaning cupboards doesn't come too high on my list of priorities but today's job was made worse by Peter's view that you don't really need to clean the outsides of baking trays or saucepans. He has often accused me of being obsessive when I scrub off all the grease from the outsides and bottoms of pans. Grr.... that's because he isn't faced with greasy shelves to scrub now and again. It isn't helped by the fact that he likes fried food (his cholesterol levels are always normal!). On the other hand he does prepare all the food for his work lunches and especially when I'm eating mainly salads and fruit he is happy to cook on the week-ends too. (He doesn't eat an evening meal during the week.)
The cupboard and contents are now spotless. I even discovered a couple of old baking trays that had fallen down behind the sink, they'll go to the dump. We still have too much stuff just for 2 people but then sometimes we have 8 or 10 in the house. It's hard to know how to strike a balance.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful photos.
Though cleaning it is not so much fun it sure feels great when you see how nice it all looks.