Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 18 August 2013

Warm.

It's been a day of sunshine and sudden showers but surprisingly warm. Yesterday felt very much like the start of autumn; cold, wet and windy so it was good to still feel some warmth. 
I've spent the whole day cleaning the kitchen. It was satisfying because I knew that once a section was cleaned that was it for a while. And I was able to listen to the radio while I worked which made a change after days of sanding and hoovering with noisy equipment. I had a little DIY to do filling gaps around the window frame but mostly I was washing or wiping. Not only did I wipe down all the cupboard doors but I got carried away and cleaned out some of the cupboards too. The washed curtains were ironed and hung up but I didn't wash the floor length ones today as they need to go out on the line to dry. Because I was doing a total spring clean from top to bottom I haven't quite finished but it will get done tomorrow. Even Peter has remarked on how good things look. He spent the day rowing 2 races in the Ilfracombe Regatta and then on the way home he went over to a neighbouring farmer to have a practice drive of his big front loader. We're going to use it to lift the builder up to re-build the wonky chimney stack. That will be fun to watch.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Wow you have been busy!!
Love the first photos!!!
It's been a cool summer here, but actually it is quite nice.