Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 August 2013

Sunny Afternoon.

The day started off grey, windy and cool. I spent the morning painting the back wall of my summer-house. It's not easy painting rough concrete blocks especially when there are swallows swooping in on either side. Hopefully another coat of paint will see that job done.
By mid-afternoon things had brightened up considerably. So although I could have gone on and done some more weeding instead I lightened the colour of the ends of my hair a little (yes, me whose hair hasn't been touched by a hairdresser for 35 years). I was quite cautious and though Peter says he can see a difference it's a very subtle effect that looks totally natural. A good start but I'm aiming to get the ends of my hair the same light blonde as my fringe , a sort of ombre effect. 
And then what else could I do but sit out in the sun. Who knows how many more days of sun we'll have? 
The swallows' nests on both sides were full of chirping youngsters though it was hard to creep up on them to get a photo.
Out in the sun the butterflies were all over the buddlia and the lavender. I'm so glad to see them back this year.
The wind direction is swinging around to easterly and the high winds were blowing down from the north making interesting cloud shapes. While I was cloud watching a heron flew over the treetops and for the last couple of days a lone (young?) buzzard has been constantly calling up and down the valley.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Very nice photos!!! Love the wispy clouds!!