Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 August 2013

Very Wet.

It has been a day of almost constant rain. The dams did their job and though some water came down the central gully the drive has stayed intact.
The hen had to wait for a break in the rain before she got her breakfast and I took the opportunity to do some weeding.
I've got a few friends coming round in the week so I made butter biscuits and had a go at some meringues. Baking isn't easy when you can't adjust your oven temperature. Peter went off to row in the early evening which coincided with another break in the rain but no doubt he will come home soaking wet as it is raining again. I used that break to don heavy work gloves and get to grips with the brambles that seem to have sprung up in the flower beds, grrr!

1 comment:

happyone said...

All your hard work makes for a beautiful garden!! A cool beautiful day here. More like fall than summer.