Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Sunny.

The day was looking so good that I was up by 7.00. However by the time the washing was ready to hang on the line and I had done all the usual household jobs it went very grey and I'm sure I felt a drop or two of rain. But the rain held off and the weather got better and better until by the late afternoon there was hardly a cloud to be seen in the sky.
My first outdoor job of the day was to oil the garden furniture. I'm very fond of my eBay purchase and I'm going to give them as much oil as possible before putting them away for the winter. 
And then it was time to pick blackcurrants, accompanied by many wasps. I've already got several tubs of frozen blackcurrants  and there are still plenty more to pick.
After that the weather was perfect for sitting up by the scree garden with a book and a cup of tea. I gave myself a long lunch break but then as the weather was also perfect for mowing I got out the mower and cut all the grass. I didn't strim this time because even though it makes sense to take advantage of the electric cable it is too tiring for poor old me. Off soon for another anti-turbine meeting.

No comments: