Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Sunny.

After the unsettled weather of the last few days it was a relief to find things warming up a bit. Especially as some friends were coming over in the afternoon and it is so much nicer if we can sit outside. 
And the sun shone down on us, so much so that at times we were grateful for the shade of the parasol which spends most of the year up in the shed. We had a lovely afternoon catching up on each other's news for though we all used to teach together we have gone our separate ways in the last few years. ( I was too busy chatting to think of taking any photos until after everyone had gone home.) As usual I over catered even though I knew that my friends would be bringing food as well. My mind still thinks I have a houseful of strapping lads with enormous appetites but I also knew that stuff can be put in the freezer for when friends come to stay later in the month. I allowed myself a 'day off' my diet but didn't go too wild as the slow but steady weight loss needs to continue for a while.
The sun brought out many more butterflies. When we walked around the garden there were at least a dozen small whites on the lavender and there were peacocks and red admirals on the buddlia. And there are so many tiny frogs in the grass that you have to be careful where you tread. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely pic of a Red Admiral...thanks.