Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sun & Showers.

My emotions took a hammer blow this morning when I had a delivery of some of Linas' belongings that I had asked to be sent over from Belfast. I was expecting them to arrive tomorrow and it was a bit of a shock when the delivery man knocked on the door. So it hasn't been a very happy day.
I thought I'd put up some pictures of the kitchen while it is relatively tidy. I am going to try very hard to keep the counters clear even though I am not a naturally tidy person. I'll have to wait a while for the new cupboard handles to arrive. Peter thinks they will be too much of a contrast against the wood but they'll look better than the scruffy handles we've got now.
It has been a day of sudden showers and very hot spells with the temperature going up to 35C in the shelter of our valley. I spent some time reading up by the scree garden but the ants started to swarm and were everywhere. Lots of butterflies too when the sun was shining. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh that's a hard one. Thinking good thoughts about you and said a prayer.

I love the red against the gray stones in you photos. So pretty.