Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 August 2013

Quiet.

It has seemed very quiet here today after all the chatter of yesterday afternoon. All was quiet next door too. I heard the horse boxes going out early this morning so I expect they were all off to the North Devon Show for the day. It has been a bit more cloudy than yesterday but fairly warm, at least until the evening. There has been a bit of a breeze all day so it was a good day to wash bedding which has dried, been ironed and is now back on the bed. 
Guess who has been stealing nuts from the bird feeder again. In the morning I spent some time working in my summer house. The wall I want to paint has a number of metal strips on it and I had to clean off the rust using a wire brush and plenty of elbow grease before giving them a coat of metal primer.
Having just about got the weeds under control it is now time to start cutting back some of the garden plants. The flowers on the alchemila around the pond had started to turn brown so needed cutting right back. I cleared out a lot of the plants as they were spreading out over the path. Alchemila is one of those plants that once you have one there will always be plenty to spare. I also pulled out a lot of the native wild yellow iris which will take over if you let it. There is still a bit of weeding to do around the other side of the pond but at least you can now walk on the path.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I haven't seen any squirrels yet in my yard which is fine by me. I'm sure if there are any around they will be here since I put the bird feeders up.