Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 24 August 2013

Sunny & Windy.

This morning we went for a walk around Morte Point. It was very windy and mostly sunny so good conditions for walking.
There are still lots of holiday-makers around and the seals put on their usual show for them. 
These two were lazing about in the gully and just after I took this picture they had a bit of a fight.
Back in the village we stopped at the village hall to look at the craft fair. There wasn't a lot there and most things were quite twee and not really my taste. When I looked over the wall of the car park I got a new view of Morthoe. The field in the centre has allotments. I wouldn't mind growing my vegetables there. We didn't have our usual coffee stop because we had run out of milk at home. Our big chest freezer is so full there hasn't been room to keep much milk and as I'm not going into town very often during the summer it's been easy to forget the milk. We called in at Tesco's on the way home and did some shopping and when we got home I re-arranged the freezer so there was room to put in 5 bottles of milk. It's useful having a big freezer so that when we see good bargains in the reduced section we have room to keep them. At the moment there are a lot of containers of frozen blackcurrants waiting to be made into jam so that will free up a lot of space. I also gave the garden furniture yet another coat of oil and cut some of the wood for for my summer house project.
I put on the headphones to listen to the radio last night and I swear Peter snored even louder than usual. I heartlessly gave him a few sharp pokes and the snoring died down to a level where I could ignore it. At the moment because my hips force me to sleep on my back it's not a problem going to sleep with the headphones on.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'd love to walk along there!!
We recently bought a freezer and have it out in the garage. It has come in mighty handy since we moved.