Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Grey.

I did get out to see the Perseids last night. By 10.00 it was dark enough and there weren't too many clouds so I set off up the hill wearing several warm layers and clutching a camping chair. I went right up the hill, partly because the view is better and that is where the boys and I normally went but also because there are now a number of floodlights on at the stables and the lower part of the valley is fairly lit up. Speedy came up the hill with me and acted as a purring hot water bottle on my lap until he got bored and wandered off. I saw numerous small flashes and a number of proper meteors but after about an hour the clouds started drifting over. Besides scanning the sky for meteors it was just good to be out in the peace of the night looking up at all those stars. Occasionally headlights from cars miles away across the valley would cut across my vision and it was easy to pick out the various farms and houses dotting the landscape. When there were no more stars to see, let alone meteors, I picked up my chair, walked down the hill and was back in bed before 12.00
Today it has been warm, grey, windy and a little wet at times. I was in town in the morning doing some shopping and during the afternoon I got on with housework. I ended up the afternoon brushing my favourite giant throw. It's a lovely big fluffy throw that kept me warm during the winter (much cheaper than turning on the heating) but it does need brushing out after it has been washed. It took an hour just to do one side but it is worth the effort. Off now to another meeting about the turbine.

No comments: