Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Dry.

I sat down to have my morning coffee at the pc (well yes and eat my breakfast,) when I looked out of the window and saw this fox on the back lawn. The photo above was taken through 2 sets of windows and the one below was taken through the open conservatory door. Once I'd got my photos I scared him off by shouting. I don't want my poor old hen to end up as his dinner.
I've been very busy today and got lots of things done. I went into town to do some shopping, visit the library etc. I also went to the carpet warehouse to buy a remnant to replace part of the hall carpet which had become a bit whiffy (damp and cats!). I had the measurements I needed but I forgot to take a sample to match the colour. Instead I looked among the small remnants as I only needed 2.5m x 1m, and found a piece that I thought would match. It is a lighter shade of beige than the rest of the hall carpet but it doesn't matter. It wasn't too difficult to fit the only hard part being sorting out all the wires that have to go under the carpet to the phone and hub.
It stayed dry all day so I was able to mow all the grass and now the place looks fairly tidy. As I went around I kept spotting bits of the garden that desperately needed weeding and I managed to get most of those done.
My evening was spent at Bowden Farm making plans to fight the wind turbine application once more. Although the local council refused planning permission it's now going to appeal so we have to get even more objections and documented evidence eg about the noise levels and visual disturbance. The trees at the end of the road are about 20-30ft high and the turbine will be 2 fields away on higher ground and will be 200ft high!

2 comments:

happyone said...

Ah nice shot of the fox!!

Harriet said...

I smile when I look out my kitchen window and see a rabbit...you see foxes. Behind my house is a field. This Spring I saw a red fox...lst time...walk along the fence line, climb the fence and take off into the backyard. That was exciting for me. Best luck with your work on fighting the turbine.