Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Warm.

The day started a little hazy but then brightened up to a hot, sunny day. But this morning we had condensation on the inside of our bedroom window. A sure sign that autumn is not far away.
Peter and I both went into town this morning. He had to take the Rav in for its MOT which it passed without any extra expense and I had some last minute food shopping to do.  Back home I started a blackcurrant and apple crumble. I had forgotten just how long it takes to top and tail every little blackcurrant. Thank goodness the rest are going to be made into jam. As our friends are not arriving until later on I still had time to cut 2 pieces of wood to go behind the mirrors. I used a hand saw as the electric fret saw needs a blade and the circular saw is too vicious for careful cutting along lines. That's one more step done. Dinner is in the oven, the place is tidy and the cats are wondering why they haven't been fed yet.

No comments: