Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 August 2013

Dry.

It turned out to be another nice and mainly sunny day so we went for a walk around Morte Point. There were a lot of families out walking and watching the seals which were at their usual spot. There were 2 seals out on the rocks and about 6 more swimming around or watching the people up on the cliff. The air was very clear today and it was possible to see some of the bigger buildings on Lundy without binoculars. We watched the Oldenburg coming away from the island with a coastguard rescue helicopter  hoover above it. Then something/someone was winched up from the deck to the helicopter. That was probably a practice exercise.
Walking back through the village we saw that the fish & chip shop was burnt out. You can read more here . When we got back home I put another coat of paint on the summer house wall. It was strange paint, textured masonry paint, which is like a mixture of paint and filler. Even though I stirred it well it got very thick and I had to thin it down before I could use it today. I must have bought it in a sale.

No comments: