Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 August 2013

Rain.

Gosh, I don't feel as if I'm 57. It's true what they say, most people feel like they are still in their twenties and I'm no exception. Today has been really lovely. Maybe not weather-wise but I've had so many greetings and messages in one form or another. Peter got up at his usual time and then gave me the nicest surprise me by saying that today is part of his holiday and he didn't need to go to work. Apart from chocolates and an orchid he had got me a new clock radio. Not only was the old one beginning to keep loosing the tuning and needed adjusting several times in the evening but the new one has a socket for headphones. Peter always snores for an hour or more when he falls asleep which I find really annoying even though it isn't his fault.  He has tried so many different methods to stop snoring and even had a painful operation but nothing has ever helped. All my doctor said was that we should sleep in different rooms!!! I'm hoping that with the big headphones he also got me I won't be disturbed so much.
A bit later on I had another nice surprise in the form of a lovely bunch of flowers from Vytas and Sally. There were so many flowers in this big bouquet that  I now have 4 vases of flowers around the place.
We drove down to Barricane Beach hoping for a walk on the sands but it started raining as we set off and got heavier and heavier. Peter braved the rain to go down and check when they were doing the Sri Lankan curry nights. Obviously not today but they will be doing them on Saturday and Sunday so we'll aim to get there tomorrow. I can think of nothing nicer than eating a meal outside down at the edge of the beach. And then we drank coffee in the car looking at the pouring rain before joining all the soggy holiday makers on the road home.
Back home I did do one little job, filling some gaps in the worktop with wood filler but for the rest of the time I've been taking things easy though I've refrained from scoffing all my chocolates and will eat just a few truffles each evening. .  

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Happy Birthday, Ruta. Your day was lovely, rain and all. I, too, think I am not the age my years indicate. That is until I begin a job and find not energy to complete it. Best wishes to you for a good, happy year.