Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 April 2015

The End of the Holiday.

It's the last day of the Easter holiday and I'm quite satisfied with how much I've been able to get done in these 2 weeks. Having Peter home for a week, a sunny week at that was a bonus. But I can't slacken off once school begins because there are just so many things that have to be done before we even think about putting the house on the market.
It's been very windy today and mostly overcast. I'm pleased to report that all the windows (barring one that I can't reach and isn't too bad anyway) are now outlined with fresh white brickwork. When I did the last upstairs window in the old part of the house I was faced with the challenge of a row of bricks above the window that needed painting. My solution was to use a hand mirror to see where the paintbrush was going. So that was both my arms jammed in the gap over the top part of the window as I tried to paint right up to the edges. I've even painted the lintels over the windows at the back of the house using  a single section of the roof ladder. And it looks as though I've got enough paint left to do the roof ends of the outbuildings. I know I've got some gloss paint to do the woodwork up there as well. 
The garden is full of plants springing into life, the acers are budding and the smallest one is about to unfurl its leaves. 

No comments: