Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 April 2015

Wet and Windy.

I woke this morning to the sound of the rain on the conservatory roof and a ringing in my ears. I guess I'll just have to get used to having tinnitus. It wasn't a day for working outside so instead I started on my indoor holiday project - sorting out the downstairs toilet. The problem is that it is part of the original farmhouse and right next to the stream so suffers from damp. Over the years the paper has lifted, paint has flaked and wood rotted. It would be a major building job to actually cure the damp so instead I'm just going for a bit of refurbishment. I'm going to focus on one wall at a time and today I cleaned the tiled wall, dismantled the boxing around the pipework cleaning the old panelling to either be put back or used as templates and generally hoovered up all the flaking paint and plaster. Some fungicidal wash over the damp areas and filling of holes and cracks completed my work for the day.
It feels like a day for a good warming meal so I've made a potato, cabbage, onion and cheese casserole for our supper. (There's also bacon and sausage in the casserole for extra flavour.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some daffodils in my yard. Leaving for home tomorrow - maybe they will be blooming by now. : )