Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 October 2015

Attachment Disorder Awareness Training.

Today we had an inset day on attachment and the implications for learning and behaviour. based on the book Inside I'm Hurting. It was well presented and gave us lots of practical ideas. The only thing was it was the whole day and after a few hours sitting on hard seats in a warm hall your concentration tends to wander. They did supply us with teas and coffee along with a vast quantity of doughnuts and Danish pastries. I did try and resist, for about 30 seconds then had a caramel doughnut with my coffee. We had to bring our own lunches and though I don't normally eat lunch I brought along a banana and some cheese. Then in came more trays of flap-jacks and cookies and yes I was tempted again and had a cookie. Fruit was also on offer but .....
The course was held at another local school and as there was no parking available I had parked at my usual school and walked across town. I had planned to use my return walk as a photo walk and take pictures of the interesting but slightly neglected town streets but after I took this one a group of friends caught up with me and then offered me a lift back to school. 
We'd had a shortened lunch break so the day finished quite early and I was home just after 3.00. That gave me some time to do a bit of weeding. Then Speedy turned up bulging suspiciously. I shut him outside while I fed Patch before letting him back into the conservatory to finish up the left overs. I'm sure if I had let him he would have managed to eat a full portion of cat food on top of whatever he has eaten. I'm guessing rabbit.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Yes, we should eat fruit but when they serve it along with donuts it is hard to resist. : )
Nice that your friends gave you a lift.
Pretty red leaf.