Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 October 2015

More Gardening.

The weather is still nice though a lot more clouds are rolling in this evening. In the morning I dug up the loosestrife that I don't want to keep and started weeding the winter flowering heather bank. Before I could start weeding the heathers I had to cut the long grass that had grown over the steps there. Every time I mowed the lawns I would plan to find time to hand cut the steps and narrow paths on the bank but somehow they never got done until eventually the steps disappeared from view.
My afternoon at school was a little disconcerting because each time I bent down to talk to a child I felt really dizzy. I know it's just my sinuses which are worse than usual at the moment but I thought it wouldn't look good to actually fall over. I didn't have anything to do after school so I was home early. I stopped at the top of the road first to collect the recycling box and pick up some rubbish which was scattered in the mud. The gulls must have been at the rubbish bags again. 
By the time I got out in the garden it felt like it was going to rain but so far it hasn't. I finished weeding the heathers and cut the long grass on one and a half sections of the bank by the drive.

No comments: