Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 October 2015

Unusually Warm.

It was still dark when I first got up this morning but I could hear the wind blowing wildly outside. By the time I drove to work it was light and rain had started to fall. I had spent 10 fruitless minutes searching for my school key fob on a lanyard which normally hangs from the rear view mirror of my car so I felt a bit rushed on the way to school. I found it this evening in the pile of things I had brought down from the bedroom when I had tidied it up the other day. 
All day black clouds loomed in the sky but it was strangely warm. The only times it actually rained was when I was in the car which was handy. I spent the morning teaching the reception children and in the afternoon I was with the Year 1 children. This time the music was Pomp and Circumstance which lead to more fighting images from the children when they listened to it. One boy always comes up with stories about squirrels whatever piece of music he is listening to. 
After school I had a dentist's appointment to have my upper denture fitted. So now, if I choose, I can have a full mouth of teeth and an inability to talk clearly. All the way home I practiced saying "She sells seashells etc" which must have looked rather odd to other car drivers as I had to enunciate in an exaggerated fashion  to say s rather than sh. I don't think I'll bother with the top denture.
Low clouds on the way home.

No comments: