Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 October 2015

Early Start.

I was teaching all day so had to get up in the dark, Yuk! It felt most odd watching Peter going off up the drive in darkness too. By the time I left a little later the sun had come up revealing a fairly drab overcast grey sky. The day itself has been reasonably warm which is apparently due to the Jet Stream being split in 2 and swinging north and south of the UK. 
I had a fairly relaxed day in the Reception class. I had been left to plan my own activity with the focus of seeing if the children could talk about events in their own life so I collected together things and photos to do with birthdays; cards, parcels, candles, party plates, cake etc and just let them talk while I made notes.
After work I went across town to do some shopping. Lidl's are already stocking German Christmas goodies so I bought some filled gingerbread biscuits and chocolate marzipan bars to be put away for Christmas. I needed to buy some ice-cream for when I have some dental work done at the hospital next week and at Tesco's they had Carte d'Or ice-cream on special offer. Hopefully the Eton Mess, Rum & Raisin and Spiced Cookie ice-creams will soothe and take my mind off my presumably sore mouth. 
I took the photos just before I got home as I thought the clouds looked quite pretty.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the clouds too.
It must be fun to be a kid in your class. : )