Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Warm and Wet.

Another early morning for me today. It has been a cloudy but warm day with a few sudden heavy showers. I was most surprised to see big puddles when I walked across the playground at lunchtime. I was in the reception class for the day and we've had a really good day which included getting changed into PE kit (which can take a very long time with such young children) and then moving around various climbing and jumping activities in the hall. 
I was lucky to be driving home through a sunny spell though when I stopped and looked back towards town there were an awful lot of rain clouds looming.  
But when I turned and looked northwards from the same spot I could see what I call a painted sky. 
Once I got home I finally planted those hyacinth bulbs. The wet compost looked to be too wet for my liking so I bought more compost at Tesco's yesterday. When I scanned the compost bag's bar chart (I do like the scan and pack as you go option in Tesco's)  it was half price so I bought 2 bags. I used the wet compost to re-pot a couple of my acers at the same time.

No comments: