Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 17 October 2015

Gardening Day.

It's been mild and grey today. Not very exciting but perfect for gardening. 
My first job was to cut the grass on the steps up the bank. This I did with a pair of secateurs which although slower than the shears made for a tidier look and was easier on my back. I was also able to pull out any weeds rather than just cutting the tops off. At least now it is possible to go up that way without risking if not life then definitely limb.
I also scrabbled around under all the heather pulling up the invading grass and weeds. These heathers are mainly spring flowering but it is still nice to see them looking tidier. While I am a fan of a more relaxed natural garden I still think that defined edges and areas of only one plant make it look like a garden rather than a wilderness with some nice plants in. 
Naturally I couldn't just cut the grass on the paths but had to weed the plants along side the paths. Actually the whole garden needs weeding - as ever, but I couldn't ignore the weeds in the London Pride which I cleared thoroughly and replanted last year. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice red flowers.
We've had snow showers on and off today!!!! Didn't amount to anything though, thank goodness. Not quite ready for snow yet!