Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 October 2015

Mixed Weather.

We had rain at the start of the day which cleared by the middle of the morning. I used the time to make a batch of large chocolate chip cookies for Peter to take to work tomorrow. I tried a new recipe I found on line and although I didn't have the soft brown sugar the recipe called for they still tasted good. (I have to check them personally.) I also gave one in a bag to the postman. He's always cheery and never minds taking my letters to post. 
While each batch of cookies was baking I worked on Vytas and Sally's wedding card. (Only 4 weeks to go.) I've got a design to use and have drawn it out a few times. I usually just do pencil drawings but I think this will be better with colour so I'll have to experiment with watercolours or pencils. 
Housewifely work done I went outside. Initially I was going to sort out the 2 old outdoor lights that are hanging sadly from their wires but when I got the ladder up I thought as the wiring should still be okay why not buy 2 new lights. If I get the motion sensitive ones they would be really helpful when we come home on these dark nights. I was also going to cut the old tv cable that goes from the corner of the house, across the stream and up the hill inside the hedge to where we used to have a tv aerial. I'm 95% sure it's safe but I'll double check with Peter tonight before I  actually cut it. We don't use the terrestrial signal at all now and I think the aerial fell down (or was taken down) years ago. 
Instead I cut back some of the very big leylandii at the side of the yard and then cut and cleared all the grass growing over and into the channel that diverts any water coming down the drive into the stream away from our waste system. That was something that needed doing. It could still do with a bit of digging out but I had done enough for the day. 
It's still very warm so I'm pushing on with the outdoor jobs when I can. I could hear my neighbour or more likely his son, out on the big mower but I don't think I'll do any more mowing this year. Too many plants still to cut back and general tidying up to do.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Those cookies sure look good!!
I'm sure those 4 weeks will fly by.