Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 31 October 2015

Happy Birthday Romas.

Romas is 26 today, his hair is shorter but he is still following his passion for drumming. He has played the drums for Matt Tyrer on his last 3 albums and they do a fair number of gigs around the country. He still works full-time in one of the potteries in Stoke so I don't have to worry about him being a starving musician. I'm looking forward to seeing him soon at his brother's wedding where he will be the Best Man.

It was a balmy 60F in the shade today. The sun shone all day and though most of the garden was in shade the surrounding trees glowed in their autumn glory. 
I had a late start due to a sinus headache but I still had a productive day outside. While the tall grasses in the middle of the drive made a handy under car cleaner I was concerned that they were blocking the gully down the middle.  
I used a combination of strimming, cutting and digging with a trowel to clear out the gully. Hopefully now should any water get past my little dams it will be diverted to the centre of the drive and not wash away the gravel. 
Peter's immune system has triggered severe pain in his wrist so I didn't call on him to help me put up the outdoor lights. Hopefully we'll do them tomorrow. The awkward part is going to be drilling into the uneven stonework to fix the lights to the house. If it all gets too hard I'll fix them to the wooden boards that run under the roof tiles. I did climb up and cut the tv aerial wire ready to take it and the supporting cable down but I need to move the ladder to do that.
This evening I glanced out of the window and saw a hint of a red sunset. By the time I was outside with my camera the intense red had faded and within minutes the colours had faded to purples and greys. Nature's fleeting beauty.

No comments: